April 29, 2009

April Financial Goals Update


It's been almost 2 months since my last goals update and a lot has happened since then. I'll start with the bad and end with the good.

Thumbs Down:

1.) $500 for unexpected car repair

2.) $350 for new tires, this was expected but not for another month or so...had to dip into the emergency fund a bit.


Thumbs Up:

1.) Paid off all of my credit card debt

2.) Began mega-payments on my auto loan, I put a $900 dent in the loan just a couple weeks ago.

3.) I am expecting my state income tax return in the next couple of weeks, this should get my emergency fund back up to $1,000.

4.) Haven't purchased anything with credit since January 2009.

As far as my deadlines for paying off all non-mortgage debt, my guess is that everything has been pushed back 2 months. It's still too early to tell how far off track my unexpected car repairs have put me. My original goal for the auto loan repayment was July, but I think September is more realistic.

As the weather is getting warmer, I find myself thinking about all the fun adventures the summer could bring; some prospects for a couple weekend trips will set me back a bit. I will forever struggle with the balancing act of paying off debt yet still allowing myself some freedom to enjoy life.

Here's hoping for another mega-payment on my auto loan in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment