January 24, 2009

Frugal Find: Area Rug on Craigslist


I've been in my house now for a year and a half and have been on the prowl for an area rug for my dining room. I've looked at various stores and could never quite justify spending between $120-$200.
But...I decided to check out Craigslist because I've heard lots of great feedback about it. Can you imagine how surprised I was when I saw the posting for this area rug for $60? It was exactly (almost) like what I was looking for and for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price I would have paid at a retail store! I actually ended up paying $58, that was all I had on me in cash and I figured the seller would be somewhat flexible...and she was:)

I have a monthly budget of $10 for household items- so this just about uses half of my yearly budget in that category; and I am okay with that. This is something I've been considering for a while and I want to be able to continue to make my house look nice and make budget friendly improvements while I work on my debt elimination.

This is the first item I've ever purchased from Craigslist, but definitely will not be my last. If I'm in need of anything in the future Craigslist is the first place I will shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment