January 28, 2009

I'd Like to Dedicate this Post to Aldi!


For those of you not familiar with Aldi, it is a European-based supermarket chain located throughout the US that offers low prices on everyday grocery items. Aldi cuts advertising and convenience costs and in turn allows customers to save on groceries. I highly recommend following the link above and checking out their "Shopping Smarter" philosophy.

That being said, there is a short list of things you need to remember before making a trip:

1.) Aldi does not provide grocery bags- Go frugal, go green or go home!

2.) Bring a quarter with you. Carts are locked and you have to insert 25 cents in order to release it from the cart corral. But...when you return the cart you get your quarter back. You will never see a cart rolling aimlessly through the parking lot!

3.) Bring a list- in general this helps you save because you get only what you need. But, Aldi does not have everything so chances are you may need to hit another grocery store for those occasional items.

I'm on a mission to do 98% of my grocery shopping in 2009 at Aldi. My weekly budget for groceries is $25 and so far things are going well. I have been able to find everything I need, and you can browse every item the store has to offer in 30 minutes flat:) As I mentioned above, there are some items Aldi does not carry so the other 2% of my grocery shopping will have to be done at Kroger.

Even if you have to drive a little further, shopping at Aldi's is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment