March 16, 2009

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Because I like to end each post on a high note, I'll start with the bad news. I took my car in last week because the dashboard fan was not pushing out any air. Silly, naive little me assumed it would be a quick fix and $100 in the worst case scenario. I received a call on Thursday from the repair shop with the news, $523.74 to fix it! OMG, I let out a little wimper when I heard the number.

Rest assured I cancelled my previous vacation plans immediately; my vacation likely would have cost about $500 and I cannot justify both fixing my car and going on an unnecessary vacation. I wasn't completely committed to this as I had not purchased a flight or booked a hotel.

Even though this news is a bummer, I'm so relieved I have the financial means to pay for it. If this were a few months ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about putting the expense on my credit card and paying interest on it...things are really changing for the better around here.

Now for the great news. I received my federal tax refund check in the mail on Saturday. I deposited it immediately and it should post to my checking account by the end of the business day today. Do you know what that means? Once the money is applied to my credit card balance I will be credit card debt free for the first time in a long time! No worries, I will dedicate a single post to this momentous occasion later in the week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment