March 18, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

It's official. I am absolutely, positively, 100% credit card debt free!

How liberating! My credit card had a balance of $1,918, a $22 minimum payment and a 1% interest rate. I have been paying the minimum payment for the last couple of months until my federal tax refund check came in. I received the check on Saturday, it posted to my checking account yesterday, and the payment posted to the credit card today. When I logged onto my online account this afternoon I saw this $.00. What a sight for soar eyes:) Especially after the mild set-back last week. Also, I will be able to apply the $22 minimum payments to the mega-payments on my auto loan, which I will begin in April.

When I first started my debt elimination journey I contemplated the idea of a rewards system each time I met a goal, i.e. small purchase, ice cream, wine. Now I realize that the reward can be found simply in the feeling you get when you accomplish something amazing.

Here's to celebrating the extra little jolt I needed to keep looking ahead to the future and all the good that will come!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I am very happy for you. I am in the midst of getting rid of cc debt as well and it was nice to read another inspirational story.

    ReplyDelete