February 15, 2009

Financial Goals Update- February 2009

It has been just over a month since I sat down and put a few short-term financial goals on paper. Below is a brief update on my progress...

I have not officially paid off my $1,950 credit card. I was a little slow on the draw submitting my federal tax refund paperwork. That being said, I am expecting $2,183 back from the Federal Government (hopefully arriving in the next week or so). This card has a 1% interest rate so I am not worrying too much about the extra interest.

I will be able to *Snowflake* $233 left over from the tax refund and apply it to my American Honda Finance payment for March! I am hoping between the regular payment of $285.53, plus the Snowflaked $233, plus recent Ebay sales, I will reach my goal of a $1,000 for my first super-sized car payment.

Hours at my part time job are picking up; I'm back to 8-10/week. This is great as it usually ends up being just enough cash to put into my envelope system for the week; gas, groceries, entertainment.

In addition to my debt-elimination goals, I have also refrained from using my credit card. I do have some occasional transactions on the check-card, but even those have decreased to 3 or 4 non-bill related items.

It is still a long road ahead, but month by month I will get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment